ProSUM Information Network - see the programme and register!
ProSUM Information Network Event - the registration is open!
We cordially invite you to the second ProSUM Information Network event to hear about and share your views on the project’s outputs so far:
- See the services which are under development to share the inventory held in the new Urban Mine Knowledge Data Platform
- Learn more about the steps taken to harmonise data gathering and the development of a new classification system
- Share ideas to collaborate going forward
- Tell us what data and intelligence is important to you
- Help shape the future development of the Urban Mine Knowledge Data Platform
Tuesday, 18 October 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30
Radisson BLU Hotel, Wolvengracht 47 Rue du Fossé aux Loups, 1000 Brussels
Book your bedroom here with a special rate.
The ProSUM Project team is working to create an inventory of secondary raw materials, particularly critical raw materials, arising in WEEE, end-of-life vehicles, waste batteries and mining wastes. Join other people in our Information Network to share expertise and intelligence and help grow the EU materials knowledge base.
At the event see our new harmonised system and how we take available data from many sources to create a central source of data linked with minerals data, our EU – Urban Mine Knowledge Data Platform. Hear from people working in manufacturing and recycling about their data needs and what they hope to get from ProSUM. Learn about the stocks and flows in the EU Urban Mine. Talk to the experts in break-out groups covering:
- Developing a common database for mining wastes – useful for both economic and environmental evaluation of mining waste deposits
- The selection of appropriate sampling, sample preparation and chemical analysis methods, crucial for providing reliable CRM composition data, especially for complex composite materials
- Back-casting and forecasting trends for CRM use in products
- How to present user friendly data and maps
Join us to learn about our results in the first half of the project and to help us shape the ProSUM services to meet your future needs. Expand your networks and contacts!